The Federal Authority for Identity, Citizenship, Customs, and Port Security (ICP) has given all companies transporting and owning cargo with trucks until October 31, 2023 (4 months and 21 days from announcement) to complete their registration procedures for the Electronic National Tracking System for Trucks and Shipments (ENTSTS).
ICP has confirmed that the respective companies have been granted a grace period to register without any penalties. This period will end on October 31, 2023. If a company fails to register, administrative fines (100 – 10,000 dirhams) outlined in Cabinet Decree No.96 will be applied.
October 31, 2023
ICP Gov. fine starts from
November 1, 2023
ICP Device Installation Service from
June 1 to Present
Failure to register results in penalties.
ENTSTS registration is for All UAE Transport, Transit and Hazard Material Trucks which can cause traffic of registration by the deadline of registration period ends by October 31, 2023.
ENTSTS requires the installation of ICP ENTSTS devices by Massar Solutions including scheduled arrangement for installation services.
Because of this limited registration time, we are expecting heavy traffic of installation service requests through the deadline period.
Massar Solution will provide the installation services by registration order, first come first serve. Early registration is recommended to secure the ICP ENTSTS device will be great benefit for the UAE Trucking company to avoid any possible fine or penalty
Massar Solution will provide the installation services by registration order, first come first serve. Early registration is recommended to secure the ICP ENTSTS device will be a great benefit for the UAE Trucking company to avoid any possible fine or penalty.
Administrative fines for ENTSTS
|#||Violation||Administrative fine (AED)|
|1||Failure to register in the system no later than Oct. 31, 2023||1,000 for first month
100 for each following month
Maximum of 5,000
|2||Failure to renew registration within 60 days of its expiry date||500 for each month with a maximum of 2,500|
|3||Failure to update the data within 30 days of its last data update||500 for each month with a maximum of 2,500|
|4||Providing misleading or incorrect data in the registration application||5,000 per violation- up to a maximum of 10,000|
|5||Destroying, removing, or tampering with the locks of the electronic tracking device or its affiliate devices||1,000 per violation- up to a maximum of 5,000|
|Opening shipment before reaching its destination||1,000 per violation- up to a maximum of 5,000|
|6||Changing a truck’s designated route, switching the truck’s driver, or changing the truck’s head without informing the ICP||500 per violation- up to a maximum 2,000|
|7||Loading or unloading the shipment before they reach their final destination within the permitted period||5,000 per violation- up to a maximum of 10,000|
What is ENTSTS
- A system of tracking for shipments and trucks at the UAE’s customs ports and monitoring them electronically
- The system monitors and determines the truck’s route from the first port of entry to its final destination (in the country).
- Tracking happens in real time, using a tracking device connected to satellites or a communications network.
- The operations room monitors the movement of trucks 24/7
- The operations room issues real-time reports on the location of the truck on the country’s map
Who needs ENTSTS
Target groups for the ENTSTS are all transportation, logistics, and supply chain companies that operate cargo & trucks within the borders of the UAE, as well as those companies that transport through the UAE as directed by the ICP.
Target groups include:
- transit trucks
- transport trucks for hazmat (hazardous material)
- transporting restricted materials
- transporting high-tariff goods
- any other trucks/transport that is identified by the ICP
Goals of ENTSTS
- ICP has outlined the following as ENTSTS’ primary objectives:
- providing a system to reinforce UAE customs security measures
- maintaining security and stability within the UAE borders for its citizens
- raising UAE’s supply chain security standards and its level of regulatory compliance
- ensuring a secure trade route with UAE’s trading partners, especially in the GCC
- building a national system that integrates into the UAE national database; ENTSTS will also integrate with other relevant security systems utilized by the UAE authorities.
- For local-level objectives, the ENTSTS’ goal is to:
- identify customs violations in real-time
- prevent criminal activities that occur around the UAE borders
- ensure that transportation companies comply with laws, regulations, and given procedures
- promote an attractive economic environment for all relevant businesses.
YES, all applicable vehicles included in the target groups must be registered to ENTSTS.
Yes, you must install the devices- registration alone is not enough to avoid fines.
ICP provides Device and Installation services for free.
ICP reviews and approves the registration, Massar Solutions will contact you to arrange the installation service schedule.
To be registered at the ENTSTS (Emirates National Tracking System for Trucks and Shipments) system, you need to fill and submit the form through the following link “register.entsts.ae”
Yes, it is essential to install the ENTSTS tracking device in addition to any other tracking devices you might have installed.
Yes, the ENTSTS system is designed to be integrated with other systems. It can be interconnected with various government databases, toll payment systems, traffic management centers, and other related platforms to provide a comprehensive view of truck and shipment movements.
The list of fines and penalties related to the ENTSTS device can typically be found in the official guidelines and regulations provided by the UAE ICP authorities.
Please contact “Massar Solutions” to schedule and plan the installation.
The normal installation may take between 30 to 40 minutes, however the time may vary based on the vehicle model and type.
Please contact “Massar Solutions” to confirm the available devices.
No, the installation will not affect the vehicle at all.
Please contact “Massar Solutions” to schedule and plan for device uninstallation.
No, this will not affect the device at all.
No, the device will be permanently installed and moving with the vehicle all the time.
Yes, The ENTSTS system does impose fines for both device tampering and loss.