GPS World featured a hands-on review of FleetUp Trace, our ruggedized Android tablet for commercial drivers.
GPS World featured a hands-on review of FleetUp Trace, our ruggedized Android tablet for commercial drivers featuring an easy-to-use and easy-to-view display with portable strap. The review was written and filmed by Tim Spence, creator of Apps4truckers, is an app consultant, writer and safety manager in Birmingham, Alabama.
Designed for fleet drivers required to display Records of Duty Status (RODS) upon request instead of paper logbooks per the ELD mandate, the Trace tablet provides support for various intelligent fleet management elements beyond Hours of Service (HOS) management, including GPS navigation, document capture and upload, event-driven video and photo capture, real-time traffic information, and Voice Over HOS, FleetUp’s patent-pending voice guidance system that proactively assists drivers with HOS compliance.
The review focuses on the durable, sleek design of the tablet, as well as the wide variety of easy-to-use and highly relevant features available through the preloaded apps, including FleetUp’s HOS app, CamVue app, Camscanner app and Teamviewer QuickSupport. From virtually eliminating the need for compliance training with an interactive tutorial mode and active voice reminders, to providing a myriad of data for optimized driving efficiency and safety, Trace paired with FleetUp’s big data technology solutions address various industry needs.
In addition to detailed insight into fleet data and overall ease-of-use, Spence commends the Trace device for offering fleet managers and drivers alike a simple solution for seamlessly transitioning into electronic compliance, as well as intelligent fleet management practices.
“FleetUp has accomplished a great feat by making the transition to E-Logs painless and smooth while complying with a multitude of regulations,” writes Tim Spence in the review. “Whether you’re looking for a simple way to track internal records of duty status (RODS) or to ensure HOS compliance and DVIR with a simple, hands-free gadget, FleetUp is one provider that clearly committed a lot of thought into what drivers are going to go through on the road.”
Additional Trace features fleet drivers and managers benefit from include:
- FleetUp CamVue: Record HD videos and automatically detect sudden stops and brakes with a 13 Megapixel Camera with flash LED
- Truck Route Navigation: Search route by truck size and receive real-time traffic information with offline map support
- Document Scanner: Easily scan and share documents, and send by email or upload to the cloud
- Trip History: View daily trip summaries that include: miles, hours driven, MPG, alerts, stop times and trip videos
- App Blocker/Android Finder: Block unnecessary apps while driving during work hours
- Sunlight Readable: Easily readable in direct sunlight
- Drop-proof: MIL-STD 810G certified case prevents breakage from drops up to three feet
- Water/Dust-proof: IP67 rating prevents dust penetration and damage from rain or immersion in water up to three feet for 30 minutes
- Two Mounting Options: Dashboard or windshield mounts (sold separately) allow for ease of access and durability
- Nationwide Coverage: Drivers are covered by AT&T’s extensive 3G network
- Storage: 64GB Micro-SD memory card included
- Certification: MA/CCC/FCC/ROHS
- Two-Year Warranty
To read the full product review and view the video, visit: http://gpsworld.com/a-first-look-at-the-fleetup-trace-device-for-truckers/.